A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

NRP not sticking to court order for 3 years

  • Hapy Bach
  • Hapy Bach's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
8 months 3 weeks ago #509993 by Hapy Bach
Narc ex husband didn't bother to see the kids for a year then in 2016 he got a court order. He's never stuck to it from day one and I have over 12 pages of him breaching the order for various changes and requests and demands and time changes etc.
He's meant to pick them up from school every other Friday but doesn't. I take them to the house. I'm fed up with it all. FYI he is even cancelled seeing them throughout the entire month of May 2020!
I'm no way mentally strong enough to go back to court again because he is so controlling and manipulative. Then he has the nerve the other week to say the children are unable to go to the school disco because the court order says they should be in bed by 7:45! (yes that court order he decides to pretty much ignore)
I have genuinely had enough of it all now. So I sent him an email saying that he needs to stick to the court order because all the constant changes and upheaval and not doing the kids any good and they don't know what's happening from one week to the next. My question is am I going to look really stupid if it was to go back to court because of how accommodating I've been??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
8 months 2 weeks ago #510017 by rubytuesday
Replied by rubytuesday on topic Re:NRP not sticking to court order for 3 years
The problem is that you have been kind and accommodating, and have facilitated him breaching the order; although it could be argued that agreed changes to the terms of the order aren't necessarily breaches as both parties agreed to them.

Perhaps the issue is that current arrangements set out in the order just aren't working for anyone, and a revision of the existing arrangements would be in order. Unfortunately, courts can not force an unwilling parent to spend time with their children and it wouldn't be considered to be in the children's best interests.

Would you look \"stupid\" if you took the order back to court? I wouldn't think so, especially if you are seeking a variation as neither the court-ordered arrangements or other arrangements are working because one parent is chopping and changing all the time to suit themselves, rather than for child-focus reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11