A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Moving to another city

  • coolpater
  • coolpater's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Jan 21 #515577 by coolpater
Topic started by coolpater
My ex said that she is the main carer for our kids because she is their mother and this is her right. We had agreement constructed by my ex and her solicitor. It wasn't the best agreement but I agreed with the rules. My contact with kids was every second weekend and I could request for extra hours during the week. We stayed in the same city in Scotland. Not so long ago, my ex has an accident and is unable to walk without help, using crutches and wheelchair. She moved with kids to her new partner about 150 miles away (but still within Scottish borders) because of medical reasons. I didn't give her permission to move with kids but she said that she is desperate to keep the kids close for better recovery. Now I know from the family members that she wants to move permanently where she is for now and move the kids from the current school. My ex-wife has no Court Order in place and my right as a father is not limited.
Can I stop my ex somehow? My older child is 11 and he is extremely unhappy with moving to another city so far from friends and family.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11