A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Supervised contact ordered by ex's solicitor

  • gaiusmarius
  • gaiusmarius's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Dec 21 #518420 by gaiusmarius
Topic started by gaiusmarius
I seperated from my ex a year ago. Due to housing costs, covid, work-from-home etc I moved out of the city where we lived. For the first few months while schools were closed, my child (6 years) lived with me. She then demanded he go back to her and I agreed. For most the rest of the year I had alternating weekends access during term time and my son stayed with me for summer and most school holidays.

When I announced I was moving back to the city and wanted increased access, she got an expensive solicitor (for the first time) and sent a letter announcing a set of spurious accusations accusing me of parental alienation and safeguarding issues. The claims are basically that we argued at handover a few times and that on one occasion I was bad to the kid by essentially leaving him on the naughty step until he got upset.

I was totally blindsided by this and can't really understand that I can be stopped from seeing my kid because of some made-up accusations.

How common is this? Is this a standard play in the divorce game? Does it really have any legal backing? Can it just be ignored and if not, why not?

I cannot see that it is worth going into mediation while this is the status quo: it's like going there with a gun to my head and having terms dictated.

Is applying to court and requesting an interim arrangements order the best choice? Are there any other avenues that can be pursued?

  • kareemdeen
  • kareemdeen's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Jan 22 #518612 by kareemdeen
Reply from kareemdeen
Unfortuantely, it's far too common : / . I am going through far worse allegations. I personally think she has nothing on you. Is that the best they got ?! You put her on the naughty step! Put your head up and challenge this. mediation is a must in order to get the C100 exemption. Without it, you cannot get court. Hopefully, she comes to her senses and mediation fixes it and you avoid costs. From what I have learnt so far, this is a very common tactic, hopefully the courts have come wise to this now.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11