A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Mediation referral

  • Felixstowe
  • Felixstowe's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
29 Jul 12 #345893 by Felixstowe
Topic started by Felixstowe
Hi all hope you can help.

I sent a letter to my ex from my silicitor to his stating some concerns I have about the children and asking if he was willing to attend a mediation service to sort it out. If he was to contact my solicitor so a referral could be made, I didn''t receive a reply to this but then got a letter from a service with an appointment saying that he had made the referral to a service. Is it normal for him to make the referral when I had asked for it in the first place?

Seems strange as my solicitor had asked for conformation so we could do it but his went and did it anyway without getting back in touch with us as we requested?

Thanks for any help.

  • Felixstowe
  • Felixstowe's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
29 Jul 12 #345897 by Felixstowe
Reply from Felixstowe
More info, at this moment it''s just a mediation information and assessment meeting to tell me about the process which my solicitor has already done, it also costs about a £100 to get this info?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.