A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

moving out

  • glasper
  • glasper's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 May 12 #328438 by glasper
Topic started by glasper
If I move out of the family home to make a statement of my discontent, does that affect any custody rights that i may have in the future even if i share in some child duties?

  • Bobbinalong
  • Bobbinalong's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 May 12 #328443 by Bobbinalong
Reply from Bobbinalong
not sure what you mean, as in the reason for your moving out?
However, at present in the uk, kids generally ''live'' with the person not working or working from home, or, otherwsie able to be there for them most of the time.
This usually bears heavily in the mothers favour, for eg, in any custody disputes. Unless you have your own amicable agreement and can be there for the kids when required.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11