A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Mother out of country, dnt know where children are

  • redrockade
  • redrockade's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 May 12 #332673 by redrockade
Topic started by redrockade
Hi all,

I have a contact order in place, allowing contact with children etc, mother has custody of them. She is very nasty and will never inform me of anything to do with children. The lates is she is away in greece with her partner for a week, I am also going away in the UK for a week at the same time. I will be able to get back to the kids within 60 mins if needed. However she has not told me where the kids are, if the people they are with have my details incase of an emergency or contact numbers for the people they are with if i need to contact them. we both have full PR and i think it is very iresponsible to do this, as the kids have no parental help if needed. the children are 6,8 and 10. Am I being unreasonable or is she not being responsible for the welfare of the kids?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 May 12 #332767 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Having Parental Responsibility means your ex can delegate responsibility to someone else but it isn''t unreasonable to know where your children are staying at night. When court proceedings are ongoing it''s possible to ask for conditions to be attached to an order so that both parents inform Each other of holiday arrangements. If there are no proceedings at the moment you could try mediation or negotiating through solicitors otherwise I would let the matter lie.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.