A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Taking minors from UK to USA?

  • ukadajen
  • ukadajen's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Jul 12 #342575 by ukadajen
Topic started by ukadajen
My partner is taking his 3 daughters and my daughter, age 8, to visit his family is USA for one week in August. I am not going though am happy for him to take her. She has been 3 times before and knows the family, family home etc.

Do I need to give him written permission to take my daughter? Does my ex-husband also have to give permission? I''ve never asked for permission when ive been attending?

Many thanks in advance for some helpful information :)

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jul 12 #342601 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
It is probably a good idea to provide written permission from you just in case he has any problems at either border.

Legally you should also get permission from your ex.

Best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.