A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

domestic violence, child violence

  • fanfan
  • fanfan's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Sep 12 #358276 by fanfan
Topic started by fanfan
Has anyone got any experience /information about consequences if one partner leaves for a foreign country with a child after repeated domestic violence .
what is the english law in such a case?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Sep 12 #358278 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
DV aside, unless there is residence order in the parent''s favour they really need the consent or permission to take children abroad on holiday for up to one month. IF they want to relocate the children permanently they would need consent from the other parent or leave from the court.

As far as DV is concerned it isn''t necessarily a reason for no contact. The courts consider the risks and effects and it''s possible the parent would be able to go abroad unless there is a risk they may not return.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11