Here is the situation, comments welcome please
Married for 18 years. 2 grown up children and one 14
Divirce underway and in financial dispute settlement stages. First hearing has happened
The tenancy on the pace I was living ended 6 months ago and I moved in with my g/f as had nowehere else to live.
She is a tenant and I contribute to her houshold costs
She has a good job and wag and equity etc
On From E I did not include her details. At the first hearing I was told I needed to for next time
My concern is that the other party will use this to argue that I do not have as much need as she does and therefore she should get a bigger slice of the pie
My new partner is upset at two things - 1 why should she disclse her info to others when this is something that even I feel I have is none of my business
2 - why should her effort to work hard and save affect my right to an equal share and therefore beneit my ex who has bnever really worked.
So here are my questions please
1 - are the other side likely to win a higher share of the pot as they can say my need is not equal as I am cohabiting?
2 - it it possible to keep my new partner out of the disclosure
3 - can I in some way avoid the co-habiting element by making some changes ahead of settlement?
1) Because its relevant to the case
2) Its based on needs and unfortunately your current needs are less than your ex You will need to convince a judge of your needs..
3) If you can prove its temporary I doubt it will have any impact
4) That's up to a judge to decide if your new partners income and assets should be disclosed as it is relevant.
5) Mr Justice Mostyn said women who begin new relationships soon after their marriage break-up risk harming their divorce settlement.