A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

personal property left at home property

  • Pedrowoa
  • Pedrowoa's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
22 Jan 20 #511135 by Pedrowoa
Topic started by Pedrowoa
OK Stressed again. Just won a court order to have children 50% of time :). Background; forced to moved out 6 years ago, emotional abuse, post heart transplant! Moved into council flat (under emergency tenancy - don't ask!). The ex now is threatening to scrape my car (modified project car) which is still on our jointly own property (driven there 6 months ago as it is SORN). The car is not abandoned and she has been advised this. The car is not obstructing any access. I have the ownership papers. She have given me a months notice. Question: Can she legally remove the car?

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
23 Jan 20 #511159 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Welcome to Wikivorce.

Have you resolved your finances yet? Although you may be a joint owner, the house hasn't been your home for a very long time now, and I would have thought that leaving a fixer-upper vehicle on the property where your ex and your children live so long after moving out would be seen as a rather antagonistic move. Just because you are on the deeds doesn't mean you can use the property as a storage facility for your diy projects.

You would need to speak with a solicitor who deals with civil and property matters for clarification on the issue.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.