A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Another person living within the property cohabiting

  • Djsmith
  • Djsmith's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 Jun 21 #517067 by Djsmith
Topic started by Djsmith
At present, my x is living in a 4/5 bedroom house paid for by the state, and that is living off benefits. The problem is that her solicitor has wanted within the Trust Declaration to be added a clause say 6 months.
This trial to see if their client can cohabit with another person staying for that period I would have no way of checking so after 6 months he leaves and she gets another to stay this could go on and on.
I have not agreed if need be go back to court children age 17/13 like I said x has no outgoings picks up CMS the state pays the interest only on the FH doesn't work and the other trimmings from the state DWP X is playing the system if the house is sold would have enough collateral to rent or even put down a down payment on a property that the children would be settled for the next 8 to 10 years settled. X also is responsible for maintaining and paying all the bills and insurance. X is on legal Aid has no funds etcThe courts would not allow this to be written in or?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.