A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Applying for contact for a child that isnt mine.

  • cantbelievethis
  • cantbelievethis's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Feb 18 #499636 by cantbelievethis
Topic started by cantbelievethis

Back ground:

- I have been a major part in a 13 yo life for 10 years
- After splitting from his Mother 2 years ago we have had regular contact over the last 18 mths.
- child wishes to keep in contact with not just me but my children too
- i have helped pay for trips ect
- his real Dad was killed when he was just 4
- I brought up my own child and step daughter with residence order and both with PR after daughter took Mum and Dad to court.

Can any say if I can or even have a chance of seeking some sort of contact order. I am not out to have PR or residence just contact as thats what he and I would like to continue.

For around 9 mths contact was every weekend and sometimes during the week.

The Mother all of a sudden has stopped contact to a point she has an ex parte non molestation order against me with a hearing in May. Its clear she want to stop contact against his will and his families disliking as to them im his Dad.

At the moment i'm not allowed to even look at him or her.

any advice be gratefully receive thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11