A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Financial disclosure ( form E)

  • Ukindian
  • Ukindian's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Apr 12 #324068 by Ukindian
Topic started by Ukindian
I was given as a wedding gift from my parents and also from my in laws ceremonial wedding jewellery as a gift before my wedding as is part of custom in India, where my marriage took place.
My ex-husband is trying to claim rights on all this. Would anyone be able to clarify this situation for me?
Some of the items gifted where in my mothers family for many generations

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
16 Apr 12 #324086 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
I would guess that this would have to be declared as assets on form E in the same way as everything else is. It would seem to be fair that you keep your family pieces and return his to his family. Could you suggest this as part of the negotiations?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.