A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

When will money be paid out?

  • sorrel
  • sorrel's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Jul 12 #344191 by sorrel
Topic started by sorrel
If a Clean Break Consent Order is agreed and has been sent to court, will the solicitor keep the money until the court has rubber stamped it or will they divide the money once the papers are signed and submitted to court.

Also, how long from submitting to court does it take for the court to agree them?

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Aug 12 #347834 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
usually they ould keep them until the order has been made (i.e. once the Judge has approved it , as a Judge *could* refuse to approve the order)

However, it would be possible for the money to be paid out earlier f all parties agreed, althouhg this is slightly riskier as it potentially leaves you unable to recover the money if the judge won''t approve the order and one of you then changes your mind and tries to renegotiate.

How long it takes will vary - In my local court, we are currently getting consent orders back after about 10 days, as they are very short staffed, so even though the order is already typed.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.