A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Wills, what to do?

  • TEIN
  • TEIN's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Oct 12 #361193 by TEIN
Topic started by TEIN
Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do regarding my will? At present my will would state all my monies would go to ex. Do i need to change this or do this get done automatically when partners split.

We were never married but have 2 small children.

She had many affairs.

Thanks TEIN.

  • cliasmol£7
  • cliasmol£7's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Oct 12 #361196 by cliasmol£7
Reply from cliasmol£7
I have had to do this, will is invalidated after Absolute, but as you are not married this does not count, therefore probably best to do a new one.
Can be expensive @ Solicitors, you can get Law Society approved forms @ reasonable price from Lawpack on internet, they come with full instructions.
It may be worth doing generic Power of Attoney and Lasting Power of Attoney @ same time, in favour of an adult that you trust, I assume children are under age of majority.
I hope this helps.

  • autumn9
  • autumn9's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
16 Oct 12 #361201 by autumn9
Reply from autumn9
Ring the wikivorce helpline; I had my Will all done for a fee of £50. They were extremely helpful and absolutly efficient. Could not fault at all.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.