A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Form A mediation exemption section help

  • Neesh01
  • Neesh01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
2 years 1 day ago #503953 by Neesh01
Hi, I am at decree Nisi stage which has been pronounced and now I need a clean break order. I separated following domestic violence. My ex only allowed court to grant me decree subject to two conditions.
1. DV allegations are not raised during financial proceedings. Court said decree Nisi was granted on grounds of unreasonable behaviour although respondent doesn’t accept the allegations.
2. Clean break order subject to financial disclosure

Me and my ex don’t have any properties. We both don’t have substantial savings. His savings are more than mine but he won’t tell me how much. He claims he’s sent money overseas to his family as they are struggling.
He earns almost double than me as I work part time. I think My pension would be greater than his a decade or so when I get promoted.
I’ve been advised by PSU who have fornight family clinics to fill form A and get a MIAM form completed by mediation but mediation have refused as we haven’t attended mediation since 2017.

I need advice regarding how to self exempt from Mediation? There are three to four ways. One through domestic violence which is a question mark as ex doesn’t want these to be raised? second way is by mediator which I cannot do third is through saying it’s urgent due to risk which I don’t think applies. Fourth is miscellaneous. What to do I am confused. I cannot afford a lawer and PSU said I don’t need one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11