A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

7 year separation and now on form E

  • Kini
  • Kini's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
22 Nov 20 #514860 by Kini
Topic started by Kini
I have become financially independent post separation and now my ex who has been living in our marital home wants a share of my home - which took me 2 years of hard work to buy/mortgage.
Whilst he also wants a refund for the mortgage payment for 7 years.
Has he not been living rent free?
Should my mortgage payments not be a liability to be shared?

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Nov 20 #514866 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Who has paid the mortgage for the last seven years?

Was it interest only or has some of the capital been repaid in that time, ie is there less owing than there was seven years ago?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11