A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Correct advice?

  • pleasetellmemore
  • pleasetellmemore's Avatar Post Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
21 Feb 2021 21:41 #515864 by pleasetellmemore
Topic posted by pleasetellmemore
Hi, I have started a "remove to leave" application to relocate with my children abroad, closer to my family. I am currently waiting for the date of the first hearing. With Covid related delays..., my solicitor has stated that it is unlikely the final hearing will be before the end of the year, but I am really hoping if I am allowed to go, that we could start our new life abroad around early next year.
I have been advised by my Financial solicitor however that I shouldn't start financial proceedings (as in filing Form A) now as I wouldn't be able to put accurate information on the Form E until I know where we are going to be living. This makes sense, however the part I don't understand is how could I move abroad then if we still haven't sorted the finances, especially the sell of the house? To give a bit of context, my stbx isn't contributing to anything. He is claiming to look for a job but has been jobless for a year now. He is dealing with an addiction and he claims, a depression. He is currently living with us at the marital home too. He is also against the divorce and while he has now signed the petition, he hasn't engaged in mediation nor he is responding to any of my solicitor's correspondence, hence why I am now going to court. I am currently living way above my means, having to tap into savings and I really can't carry on like that for much longer. I am therefore worried about the fact that the financial part is not going to be sorted for a very long time, irrespectively whether I end up moving abroad or not. Either way I will need to sell the house and move somewhere cheaper. I was advised that I can't put the house on the market yet though. So I am trying to find ways that this doesn't get dragged on for ever and that I can somehow protect myself financially, but also that should I be allowed to move abroad, that the financial part is not what is keeping me here.
Anyone has had a similar experience or could advise me? Thank you in advance.

  • pleasetellmemore
  • pleasetellmemore's Avatar Post Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
22 Feb 2021 10:05 #515873 by pleasetellmemore
Reply from pleasetellmemore
Anyone with more information please?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11