A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • Lola F
  • Lola F's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
06 Mar 11 #255690 by Lola F
Topic started by Lola F
My husband and I have been separated for 5 months after being married for nearly 23 years.
I left the marital home and many of my belongings and personal paperwork are still the house.
I have received a letter rom th DVLA saying my cherished number plate has been put on retention and I have 4 weeks to put the original plates on my car.
The only way this could have happened is if my ex forged my signature on the registration document which, unfortunately, was at the MH.
What do I do?...I dont want my plate changed...its mine..what if he transfers my car to himself too?..
:(...has he broken the law?

  • ditchedagain11
  • ditchedagain11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Mar 11 #255743 by ditchedagain11
Reply from ditchedagain11
YEs he has broken the law. Its fraud and if you have a solicitor id be included to inform them. If not pen a letter to the DVLA explaining you want to retain the plate number...id also give them a ring to explain.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11