A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Mortgage and housing benefit

  • Bananaz
  • Bananaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
17 Mar 12 #318721 by Bananaz
Topic started by Bananaz
If my partner and I have lived in the same house for 5 years, and his name is on the deeds, but my interest is protected and we separate and he moves out, can he get housing benefit?

  • Bernie58
  • Bernie58's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Mar 12 #318739 by Bernie58
Reply from Bernie58
No. Housing benefit is only available for rented properties. People who claim Income support or Jobseekers allowance can get help with a mortgage but only after a certain time has elapsed. I think it is 13 weeks?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11