A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Deeds to the former matrimonial home

  • dominoo
  • dominoo's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 May 12 #331549 by dominoo
Topic started by dominoo
Do I have to engage a solicitor to remove my ex husbands name from the deeds please or is it possible to do it alone/recommendable to have a solicitor.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 May 12 #331556 by dukey
Reply from dukey
You actually need to transfer title with land registry the form to do it is TR1 and there is a guide in the library on how to complete it, to be honest its best left to a solicitor, its a very important form, its not that expensive providing there are no stumbling blocks.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11