A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Does my husband entitle for my property?

  • Mangosteen
  • Mangosteen's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Jun 16 #479147 by Mangosteen
Topic started by Mangosteen

I am a newbie here and I wonder if someone can shed light on my Problem.

I am married for 7 years and 6 months and we drifted apart within these years. I''ve been thinking about the divorce for a while.

His name is on the title deeds and the property is a mortgage free house. I have only contributed towards the mortgage repayments around £10K. We do not have any children.

I don''t want any financial share from him, and I would be able to get the mortgage to buy my own property. I am really worried that he is entitle to the half of my property when we divorce. Also do I need to pay him any maintenance as my net income is £2,000 and his is only £800. He might struggle to pay all expenses if I move out.

Thank you very much for your time to read /reply my post.

  • Bubblegum11
  • Bubblegum11's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 Jun 16 #479173 by Bubblegum11
Reply from Bubblegum11
If you are on amicable terms, it would be worth getting a divorce and Clean Break Consent Order in place before buying a new home - especially if you are worried he may try and claim on your house in the future.
The fact that you don''t want any share in the FMH which is mortgage free should be a good incentive for him to sign a consent order with a clean break.

Could he earn more than £800? Maybe he could take in a lodger if there is a spare room or downsize the property.

  • BarbaraPhillips
  • BarbaraPhillips's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Apr 17 #490961 by BarbaraPhillips
Reply from BarbaraPhillips
Whats the current situation? Whats the solution you have selected. Did you consult any lawyer? Actually my aunt is also facing the same problem and some one has recommended her to consult a lawyer and seek his professional help. Lawyers like twitter.com/bechara56 represent clients accused in criminal and civil litigation, prepare legal documents and guide clients on lawful proceedings.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11