A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Do not know spouse's address HELP

  • mgmark7
  • mgmark7's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Feb 08 #15286 by mgmark7
Topic started by mgmark7
I have tried to trace my wife through friends and family but have had know luck. I want to do teh 5 yr seperation no contest but how to deal with being unable to serve teh papers?

  • Newbie
  • Newbie's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
28 Feb 08 #15320 by Newbie
Reply from Newbie
you could try www.192.com or hire a private investigator (not cheap though).
Good luck.

  • Rebecca186
  • Rebecca186's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
28 Feb 08 #15326 by Rebecca186
Reply from Rebecca186
try the electoral roll at the library especially if you have an idea on where she lives...or 192 does the same. If no joy still let me know as I used to research family tree and had other available source which I can recall at present but will look into it to see if that helps...
good luck

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Feb 08 #15327 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Make enquiries by all means. But the Court rules make provision for what is called substituted service, You make the application by a sworn statement setting out the circumstances and the Court will give directions as to the steps which you have to take. In the final analysis the Court has power to dispense with service although this
is not a step which is taken lightly.


  • Provost2000
  • Provost2000's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
11 Jul 08 #32314 by Provost2000
Reply from Provost2000
A trace through a Private Detective will cost between £100 - £200 but may not yeild a result. Some companies will offer a no trace no fee service which may be all you need to get the knowledge you need.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11