A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • quoman
  • quoman's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Jul 12 #343146 by quoman
Topic started by quoman
SETTING ASIDE A Consent Order 4 Minutes ago

I have just discovered that my now ex-wife bought a house for CASH for £450,000 a month BEFORE we went to court to seek consent orders - this wasn''t mentioned in the financial disclosure (we had full disclosure) and on the basis that I believed all she had was what we jointly owned, I agreed to the consent order as I didn''t want her and my child to be homeless and short of money - I have also been paying child maintenance/holiday money/ad hoc money etc. All I was left with was around 36% of assets. I know that her dad died earlier in the year in question (2010), but she still bought the house for cash as the Land Registry title deed shows "Lender - NONE". As I only agreed to the consent order ­base­d upon what was disclosed, can I go back to court via the original solicitor and seek for it to be set aside/cancelled or whatever the legal term is and claim what is rightly mine?? Thank you for reading this!!

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Jul 12 #343158 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Yes, certainly speak to your solicitor. Non disclosure of a substantial amount is a reason for setting said a consent order.

  • quoman
  • quoman's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Jul 12 #343162 by quoman
Reply from quoman
Hi Fiona-That''s good news hopefully!!! Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.