A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Filling in a Form D13B

  • Ceegee
  • Ceegee's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Sep 12 #355079 by Ceegee
Topic started by Ceegee

I''m hoping that someone out there can help me. I petitioned my ex-wife for a divorce last year. I have had no response from her in relation to the Petition other than a letter from her solicitor stating that "our client has handed us a copy of your Petition..." and requesting that I withdraw it. Is the statement from her solicitor enough to satisfy the court that she has not responded via a Form D13B or am I still likely to need the services of a process server?

Thanks in advance!

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 Sep 12 #355087 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Oh I think you''ll be fine, do you actually need D13b I would ask court, chances are you''ll get a letter telling you to proceed to Directions for trial.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.