A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Should I file for divorce?

  • tiredandirritated
  • tiredandirritated's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
17 Sep 12 #356387 by tiredandirritated
Topic started by tiredandirritated
Hi my wife of 5 years has just left me but I haven''t heard anything from her or a solicitor but I know that her intension is for us to be divorced, as I haven''t heard or received anything and she has walked out of the family home could I issue divorce proceedings against her for unreasonable behaviour and save me paying costs if she issues me divorce papers?

  • minxy1912
  • minxy1912's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
17 Sep 12 #356394 by minxy1912
Reply from minxy1912
you could issue the divorce,but she can dispute the costs, you may end up paying 50% each,dosnt matter who divorces who.
Hope that helps.

  • tiredandirritated
  • tiredandirritated's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
17 Sep 12 #356441 by tiredandirritated
Reply from tiredandirritated
Thank you for that Minxy,

That really helps as I thought I would be responsible for all the costs if she issued the divorce.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.