A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Kitsi
  • Kitsi's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
17 Sep 12 #356455 by Kitsi
Topic started by Kitsi
Dear anyone who can help
Its been a traumatic year but this site and members have been so wonderful I cpi;d hug everyone but I would need octopus arms.

I would be grateful if anyone could share their experience or advuce or examples:
stbx and I have received the Nisi but he has refused to settle out of court and so we have to go to the second FDR on 28th Sept each with a barrister.

I have been asked to perpare a narrative statement to be exchanged with ex spouse by this Friday detailing my contribution to the marriage.

How does anyone suggest I break this down to make it readable? He left me for my friend having been discovered having an affair with her but has now moved onto someone else ( a guy) his sexuality is veside the point but do I need to make reference to it? And am I ecpected tp document my grievances or just foreseeable needs? We have the Nisi but can''t apply for Absolute until finances resolved. No children, he is ten years younger than me and I was the higher wage earner until I had a car crash three years ago.
Many thanks for any help as it is very stressful ( no surprise there)

  • soulruler
  • soulruler's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Sep 12 #356456 by soulruler
Reply from soulruler
I would suggest a brief passing to the change of personal circumstance but keep it mainly to the financial aspects or be prepared for someone to tell you that you are being "bitter" - legal speak for hideously disapointed and betrayed - being on the loosing end of the stick is always to someones advantage and you can bet two ways it will not be yours.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.