A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

do i have to pay court costs

  • louanne28
  • louanne28's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Jun 09 #124955 by louanne28
Topic started by louanne28
Hi just wanted some help

Have been separated from ex for 8yrs ,he had affair and walk out in 2001,leaving me with daughter.

He now wants to remarry and petitoned me on 5 year separation rule ,divorce is nearly over having used collaborative law ,I am respondent in this situation and have to pay my sol costs .

But as respondent, do i have to pay , for any other fees regarding the actual divorce process???

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
18 Jun 09 #124975 by dukey
Reply from dukey

Unless you agree to pay some of the court application fee`s the applicant will pay the £300 petiton and £40 absolute fee.


  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
18 Jun 09 #124994 by D L
Reply from D L
Unless the judge made an order on grant of nisi (which you would have received) each party pays their own costs.


  • rabbit
  • rabbit's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Jun 09 #127118 by rabbit
Reply from rabbit
Hi Amanda - I had my FDR yesterday (the 1st one was adjourned as we were still waiting for relevant documentation from my s2bx (respondant) - the judge gave his opinion on what he thought which I was satisfied with but my s2bx would not agree and we are now in the position where he wants to go to FH. The legal fees obviously increase greatly - as I was prepared to settle yesterday, it seems unfair that I now have to find more money for the legal fees if it goes to FH. Can I object to these costs, and ask him to pay? Just a bit overwhelmed by it all.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11