A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Costs......... when do you pay?

  • dreamywings
  • dreamywings's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Jun 09 #126719 by dreamywings
Topic started by dreamywings
Im in the process of divorce and will be taking my papers into the court sometime in the next few days, my question is
1. When do you pay the £300 cost and
2. When do you apply for Legal Aid (im doing a DIY divorce) im assuming you can get help with court costs but from where?
Thanks in advance x

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 Jun 09 #126721 by dukey
Reply from dukey

You pay the £300 when you hand the petition in make to HMCS,

Apply for legal aid asap any help with court application costs due to low income benefits ect complete form Ex160.


  • mez
  • mez's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
25 Jun 09 #126722 by mez
Reply from mez
Have a look at the free tools on the community page & also go to hmcourtservices website for divorce procedure & help leaflets to print out.
You pay as you go and claim it back using a claim form.
Ask any court official as well for procedure.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11