A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Advice needed

  • johnny1976
  • johnny1976's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Jul 09 #129864 by johnny1976
Topic started by johnny1976
I have just received a letter along with a Decree Nisi stating that I have to pay court fees and my stbx wifes solicitors fees. As I am representing myself, can anyone offer me any advice. I am the respondent in the divorce and think this is truly unfair. I stated on the statement of affairs that i am not happy to pay court fees as I am not the one who wanted a divorce.

Any suggestions????


  • saffron1968
  • saffron1968's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
12 Jul 09 #130633 by saffron1968
Reply from saffron1968
Hi Johnny

You may find this post useful and can relate to it


Take care

Saffy x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11