A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How do i get the money?

  • AliPat
  • AliPat's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
29 Jul 09 #134794 by AliPat
Topic started by AliPat
Have received my nisi and a court order that stbx should pay some costs. Solicitor as asked in a letter if I want her to pursue this claim.

Do I have to go through our solicitors to get the money or can I just ask stbx for it. He would be OK about just giving me a cheque but I didn't know if there was a particular legal way for me to get it.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11