A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Costs in divorce

  • InaBetterPlace
  • InaBetterPlace's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
14 Oct 09 #154428 by InaBetterPlace
Topic started by InaBetterPlace
Sent my Petition to ex on basis of UB gave him 2 weeks to seek advice - he didn't - told him today petition going to court and he has finally contacted a sol. He has now rang me and said no way is he paying my costs (more UB) and will slow process down as much as he can - do i have to follow through on him paying costs cause to be honest never expected him to - dont get maint for our 3 children, dont get his share of joint debt opr even his phone bill that is in my name!! (ending in 2 months) so in the scheme of things the amount we ae talking about is neither here nor there.

He gets legal aid i dont - no assets only debt and i am main carer and pay for all children costs.

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
14 Oct 09 #154587 by D L
Reply from D L
No you don't have to follow through on it, you can amend the Petition quite easily before you send it to court. Do keep a note of the call though, and a copy of the petition you sent to him, as it may come in handy if he messes about later and you have to apply for service to be deemed.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11