A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Legal Aid - Do I have to pay his costs?

  • readytomove
  • readytomove's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Aug 11 #283312 by readytomove
Topic started by readytomove
STBX has requested i agree to divorce on 2yrs separation, he left to live with someone else (therefore adultery) and is still in that relationship. If i don't agree to separation, his solicitor has advised he will Petition on grounds of my unreasonable behaviour. He is in receipt of legal aid, would i have to pay any costs if i do agree to separation?

  • drsox
  • drsox's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
16 Aug 11 #283317 by drsox
Reply from drsox
Only adultery if it was ongoing before you split. After you have seperated it's not.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11