A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Broken Court Order

  • hastings1066
  • hastings1066's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Aug 11 #285074 by hastings1066
Topic started by hastings1066
My ex-husband who is threatening, nasty and abusive but earns quite a lot of money has broken his court order to pay for my son's school fees. In the court order he said that he would endeavor to pay for my eldest son full fees and my youngest son's assisted place until they finished their secondary education. He did pay or so I thought and then tried to snatch my youngest son from school three years ago he then stopped paying the fees, built up a huge debt and went bankrupt. My eldest son was allowed to stay until he completed his GCSE's and then moved schools which upset him terribly and my youngest is still at the same school but getting counselling still. I am now having to pay the assisted place to keep him there as he has two years left and id going into year 10. Do you think that if I went back to court regarding the agreed court order that I would win? and if so would he be made to pay my court costs as well? It will take me a lot to be able to stand up in a court room with my ex as he still makes me shake and feel weakened and not believed! I do not get legal aid either as I have a low paid job which sends me just over the legal aid threshold.I have no savings as my ex took everything. I had no option during the original court hearing but to give in to what he wanted at the time as he threatened me with a barrister and I did not have the money to pay for one where as he does, so it would have meant me going into court on my own.According to the CSA he gets £690 take home pay per week (Which is fiddled as I used to do his books for 20 years and he used to earn 72k per year)and I want him to pay the school fees which work out at about £30 per week. Will they also backdate how much I have already paid out? as he was supposed to pay this?

  • ldg
  • ldg's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Aug 11 #285075 by ldg
Reply from ldg

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11