A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

payment of court fees

  • ajjg4
  • ajjg4's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Nov 11 #296019 by ajjg4
Topic started by ajjg4
Hi, I have completed my initial divorce petition and statement of arrangements for our child and plan to take these to the courts next week. I am not sure if as I am on working tax credits and child tax credits whether I have to pay the £340 costs or not - could anyone advise me of this? thank you

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Nov 11 #296021 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Have a look at the fee remission form (ex160) in the wiki library, if you think you would qualify call the legal services commission and ask if they think you will qualify complete EX160 and send it in, you may have to pay something or maybe nothing, worth a try.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11