A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Do I object to paying the court fees?

  • Thurman
  • Thurman's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
09 Dec 11 #301409 by Thurman
Reply from Thurman
Aha. I was assuming because the Petitioner is (effectively) citing the Respondent's UB for the breakdown of the marriage, that therefore it's the Respondent's fault, and therefore the Respondent must pay.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 Dec 11 #301417 by dukey
Reply from dukey
That is true for the most part, you have agreed that the Petitioner will pay so get it in writing should the agreement change.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11