A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ordered to pay my court costs!

  • Happygoluckygirl8
  • Happygoluckygirl8's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 Nov 12 #366500 by Happygoluckygirl8
Topic started by Happygoluckygirl8
Hi, my STBX has been ordered to pay my costs of divorce and I get the Nisi on 21st of nov... I''ve already paid my solicitor bill of 1200 so far, so how does he pay me?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
16 Nov 12 #366527 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Most people just make their own arrangement, if he refuses to pay the easiest way to enforce payment is to use money claim on line, google it.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Nov 12 #366556 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If the costs ordered is a fixed amount, you can do as dukey says.

If the order is "Respondent to pay the Petitioner''s costs, to be assessed if not agreed" or something along those lines, the process is more long-winded as you have to determine what is to be paid before you attempt to enforce the order.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11