A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Divorce costs agreed.

  • coasttocoast
  • coasttocoast's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
20 Dec 12 #371107 by coasttocoast
Topic started by coasttocoast
Hi at the beginning of my divorce i agreed to pay a fixed amount in relation to the cost of the divorce.
I have finally received my Absolute, can anyone now tell me whether i should be sent an invoice from ex''s solicitor relating to payment or would it be usual to just send an informal email asking for the money.

Many thanks.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Dec 12 #371148 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The solicitor can only issue an invoice to their client. Any monies that the solicitor receives from you are monies collected on behalf of their client and will be sent on to their client or used to discharge outstanding monies.

So, the informal email as you describe is perfectly acceptable. It is not the method of request that matter, it is the method of payment that counts.

When you send the monies, you should do so by cheque with a covering letter explaining the purpose of the monies. The cheque should be made payable to the solicitors.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11