A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court fees

  • Louise3
  • Louise3's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Aug 14 #442846 by Louise3
Reply from Louise3
Hi Charles (or anyone else that can help!)

As you recommended I wrote a letter to my husband''s solicitor detailing the costs (£410 court fee). In it I stated as i did not use a solicitor i was able to keep the costs low etc. hoping that this might encourage them to sort it out rather than add to the costs but have heard noting as i expected really :(

I don''t expect to hear anything although the 21 days is not up yet, there''s about a week to go, I am trying to sort out the next step. Do I now have to complete form D252 Notice of commencement of assessment of bill of costs? Or can i wait the 21 days and go straight ahead and complete form d254 Request for a default costs certificate?

Looking at D254 it says i certify that 1 the notice of commencement has been served on the paying party, which i haven''t done (well not actually sent the form).

Thank you in advance!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11