A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

EX160a Fee Remission Form- Working Tax Credits?

  • colin555
  • colin555's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 May 15 #460751 by colin555
Topic started by colin555
I am currently filling in this form and under Remission 2, an excluded benefit for calculating gross income is Universal Credit Advances.

This benefit is currently being phased in throughout England to replace working tax credit but is not applicable in my area yet so I still receive working tax credit.

Does anyone know if WTC has to be included in working out my gross income, or is it excluded?

  • Luna Shadow
  • Luna Shadow's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 May 15 #460752 by Luna Shadow
Reply from Luna Shadow
You need to apply under remission 2.

I don''t know what the previous rules were as I''ve only filled in the form very recently, but the gross income thresholds are set low enough that many people claiming working tax credits would not be eligible for full remission.

The UC threshold for income is £6000, so if your income for WTC is this or less you will be qualify under remission 2 - the only inconvenience is having to supply more details.

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 May 15 #460753 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Didn''t you also have to earn less than £6k a year though?

Since you would have to work at least 16 hours per week to qualify for WTC and at minimum wage levels this would give you £5.5k I doubt many people qualified.

Similar to the free school meals con where you can get them if you earn below a certain amount but don''t get any WTC

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11