A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

HELP! EX160 form - totally confused

  • hammymommy4
  • hammymommy4's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Jul 15 #463899 by hammymommy4
Topic started by hammymommy4
Am filling out the above form to send in with the divorce petition forms. I am the applicant, my ex is the respondent and it''s a two year no contest separation. I''m applying for a remission but don''t know which one it is - full or full/part.

I''m on a low income (16 hours a week), in receipt of working tax and child tax credit, child benefit, and a mutually agreed sum of "maintenance" from the ex.

Is Universal Tax Credit (as stated in Question 5 - Full remission) the same as Working Tax Credit? or do I have to fill in Question 6 (full or part remission based on gross monthly income) instead?

Thanks in advance.


  • Sandro
  • Sandro's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
13 Feb 18 #499580 by Sandro
Reply from Sandro
i have the same problem Joanne
Also do you fill in only one column? what about the column where it says:partner?

  • Deborah66
  • Deborah66's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Feb 18 #499594 by Deborah66
Reply from Deborah66
Do you have the most up to date EX160 Form, here is the link to the most up to date Form


@hammymommy4 - on the EX160 the court determines whether full or part remission, there is no box to tick?

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit with less than £6,000 year income, as per section 9, you don't fill in the information about your income in section 11, you just go to contact details and then sign.

@ you only fill in partner details if you live with someone as husband and wife who shares your expenses, eg. if you have a new partner.

Best Wishes

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11