A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Question 6 on form D10

  • pierre.schneider@sky.com
  • pierre.schneider@sky.com's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 May 19 #507766 by pierre.schneider@sky.com
Topic started by pierre.schneider@sky.com
Good evening I wonder if someone could help me.
I have answered no to question 6 on form D10, Even if you do not intend to defend the case do you object to paying the costs of the proceedings does that mean that I have to pay the court fee and how much would that be and would I have to pay all of the petitioner's solicitor's bill?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind Regards,

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 May 19 #507771 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Welcome to Wikivorce.

If the costs box has been ticked on the petition, then you are being asked to pay the costs of the divorce application - so the court fee of £550 and any legal fees incurred by the petitioner to have the petition drawn up and submitted. You are not being asked to pay legal fees for other matters such as finances or child arrangements.

If the costs box on the petition hasn't been ticked, then you are not being asked to pay the petitioner's costs, so just write N/A in Q6 on the D10.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11