A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Nearly there..but

  • griplips13
  • griplips13's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Apr 12 #326730 by griplips13
Topic started by griplips13
After a long two years we both have agreed to a Consent Order.The relevant paperwork was sent to court,but it was queried by the judge.So we asked why and they want us to sign a copy of each others Form D81.
But they also requested that ''The court must have sight of the lists before it can approve''.
Anyone know what this means,even my STBX solicitor was unsure why.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
27 Apr 12 #326794 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its quite simple if you both completed separate D81`s the judge needs to know you both have the detail of each others D81.

Its standard disclosure, why is your solicitor unsure?.

  • griplips13
  • griplips13's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Apr 12 #327498 by griplips13
Reply from griplips13
Thank you for the response Dukey,it''s what i thought it ment.It was my STBX solicitor that said he was unsure.
Thank you for clarifying this.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.