A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

FDR non appearance in court

  • PFC Girl
  • PFC Girl's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 May 12 #333367 by PFC Girl
Topic started by PFC Girl
My husband filed for divorce and obtained a Decree Nisi in June 2010. He then decided to go for financial resolution - however as I live abroad all the notifications regarding this arrived two months after the relevant dates.

The Final hearing was set for May 23rd and despite all efforts to postpone and explain that due to the nature of my job and where I am living it was not possible to attend court.

I contacted ex several times offering to go to mediation prior to the hearing and try and agree a Clean Break settlement but he failed to respond.

How can I now find out what occurred in court last week?

I would also like to obtain a Decree Absolute but will have to explain why this has not been done sooner. Do I have to attend court as again this will be very problematic for me as well as expensive for flights etc


  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 May 12 #333838 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Phone the Court and ask what happened. They''ll probably tell you.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.