A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How do I know if I am divorced or not??

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Sep 12 #356339 by QPRanger
Topic started by QPRanger
Hello everyone.

Strange question but how do I know if my Decree Absolute has gone through?

Decree Nisi sorted at FH in June. My solicitor is no longer returning calls or forwarding paperwork to me as I still owe him £££s (which I am paying bits as and when I can) and I have told him I can no longer afford his services going forward.

STBX is refusing to speak to me or tell me if she has applied for the Absolute so is there any way to find out myself???

Thanking you in advance.... :)

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Sep 12 #356341 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Have you called the Court at which your divorce has being dealt with?

If you have your reference number to hand when you call, that will make it easier for the Clerk to find your case.

Normally, if the Absolute has been applied for, and granted, you should receive a copy through the post.

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Sep 12 #356342 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
Thanks Ruby.

Despite me telling the court numerous times not to send any more paperwork to my solicitor as I can no longer afford them I think they are still sending stuff to them....which my solicitor is sitting on.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.