A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non Compliance with court order

  • wadeyh
  • wadeyh's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Sep 12 #358264 by wadeyh
Topic started by wadeyh
In Court at the final hearing the judge granted an order whereby I have to pay my ex husband £2000 over 2 years and in exchange he has 28 days to sign over the former marital home to me. He has now had 2 months & despite solicitor requests he is refusing to provide the ID & signatures my conveyancing solicitor requires - I am unsure what to do next as he has already had his first 2 payments from me so I am keeping my side of the order.......:(Any ideas?

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Sep 12 #358315 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
Hi you will need to go back to court to get the order enforced. Keep fulfilling your side, and ensure you apply for costs.

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Sep 12 #358324 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
Yep: and don''t be surprised if it takes a good few months to get another court date and your ex complies the day before and the judge finds this acceptable....I''m talking from experience.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.