A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • harejlc
  • harejlc's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
07 Oct 12 #359740 by harejlc
Topic started by harejlc
Pls can you help me.

My ex husband has without warning failed to make my monthly periodical payment to cover our joint mortgage.
The order also has a penal notice against it as he failed before to pay.

Please can you advise next steps. I do not earn enough money per month to your this mortgage payment alone.

He has just returned from honeymoon and no stopped his commitments to his old family.

If i go back to court will the Judge enforce him to make back payments to me

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Oct 12 #359748 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Yes a court would make him pay up if thats what the court order states he cant just stop paying although he could apply for a variation.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Oct 12 #359751 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Have you any idea why your ex has stopped payments? Before going to court you should write formally stating that arrears need to be paid and you would like to try and resolve the issue before involving the courts. If the matter can''t be resolved and he is PAYE you can ask the court for an attachment of earnings so that the arrears and future payments are deducted from his earnings.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11