A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Told to reserve the petition but how?

  • W1060864
  • W1060864's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
5 years 3 months ago #465633 by W1060864
Told to reserve the petition but how? was created by W1060864
I applied for a divorce under the 2 years separation , but sent the forms in about 4 days before we had been separated the full time. The judge has come back saying that ''the petition was issued before the parties had been separated for two years. She shall amend the petition as she sees fit and reserve the same''.
It is now about 2 months over the two year period so am i now able to fill in a D11 application notice and ask for the original petition to be reconsidered now that the time has passed? Or will i have to ask for the previous case to be dismissed and begin again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11