Since my FH 3 months ago, it has been hell. My
barrister was off sick for a few weeks (and not contactable) so my STBX''s barrister drafted the Order but completely in my STBX''s favour.
Since then it has been a battle to get the Order drafted fairly.
The barristers have now lost interest and my solicitor is talking about either going for a Mention Hearing or agreeing on a letter with my STBX''s solicitor to ask the Judge for clarification on some points (at extra cost).
My questions are:
.What would be the cost of a Mention Hearing and the implications?
. Could I represent myself to save on cost?
. My barrister confirmed during FH that his fee and duty included finalising the Order.
He is still due a small amount of his fee. Should I hold on from paying him until he finalises it or not pay if he does not?
I thought the FH would be the end of it but the delay and extra stress has dragged me into despair and depression.
Any advice welcome.