A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

My ex- committed perjury - on tape in MPS hearing-

  • kitty cat
  • kitty cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
1 year 11 months ago #506169 by kitty cat
My ex ( soon to be) told the judge that the many hundreds of thousands he spent last year on a net income of less than a third was met from paying his tax Gross and £17,000 of savings. We have no savings - I have the bank statements and e-mails from his lawyers that corroborate - even Form H and Form E state the accounts are ZERO. He only owes a tiny amount to HMRC from the 1 invoice I saw-2 months ago- he said the tax was deferred and non payment of tax was a passive in action-not producing documentation???nHe fails to corroborate all his fabrications.
I want to request a transcription of the hearing and prosecute for perjury - there are false bank statements , I have letters from bank managers stating as such.
Any advice? Have been LiP for a year but he claims poverty but still pays for a £396.00 an hour lawyer.
Have a FH in May but cannot afford barrister or lawyer to prepare my allegations.
Just signed up for Divorce Consultant service. But any advice re perjury would be great. Can I do I do it myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
1 year 11 months ago #506184 by hadenoughnow
He may well have been economical with the truth but my advice would be to focus on preparing a clear and cogent case for final hearing rather than expending time and energy on an attempt to prosecute for perjury.

If you are able to put together a clear s25 statement showing evidence of his income and assets and casting doubt on his claims, this will help your case. There will be an opportunity to cross examine his evidence in court. This needs to be approached in a cool and clinical way.

If the judge at FH believes he has lied to the court, it will be open to them to report him for perjury.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11